The Inner Work of Love
Lori WongSharon Arpoika
When we talk about Standing on the Side of Love, what’s the inner work we must do? Sometimes we neglect to do the important work within to support the work we do in the wider world. Worship leaders this week are Sharon Arpoika and Lori Wong.
- Workshop on Restorative Communication in Times of Conflict
- Insight Meditation Central Valley, the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Stanislaus County, and the Modesto Peace/Life Center are co-sponsoring this day-long workshop in the church sanctuary. Contact Lori Wong or one of the sponsoring organizations for further details.
- Exploring Whiteness and Standing Up for Racial Justice
- Second meeting of this group will convene at Central Baptist Church in Modesto. Our own Rev. Darcy Baxter and Rev. Wayne Bridegroom, retired from Central Baptist, will lead the group. Facilitators for this meeting will be Tatiana Espinosa and Susan Park.
- Mission Statement Reflection and Feedback Meeting
- The third, and final, meeting to discuss the new Mission Statement will be held on February 28th. At this meeting we will be experimenting with an online video conference using Google Hangouts. You can attend the meeting without leaving home. Check with Webmaster Brian W. if you don't know how to use Hangouts.
- Financial Best Practices for Congregations Workshop
- The Board of Trustees is hosting a Financial Best Practices workshop with Rev. Jan Christian from the Unitarian Universalist Association. Via video-conference Rev. Christian will help us understand the financial management practices recommended for congregations like ours. All interested members are welcome to join. Questions? Please contact one of our Board members for more information.
- New to UU Class, Part I
- The first session's title is, "Where UUism Comes From; Where We Are Going." The class will meet in the Education Building. Bring snacks for sharing.